COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We may automatically collect information about the devices you use to access the App or our services and the content you view. The information we may automatically collect depends on how you access the services and content and includes, but is not limited to:
- Information related to the use and operation of the App;
- Device information (e.g., device identifier, advertising identifier, MAC address, carrier, operating system, IP address);
- Usage data associated with how you interact with the App, such as programming and viewership data and features used;
- Configuration data for any WiFi-enabled device you may use to access the App;
- Information related to your WiFi and cellular connections (e.g., data usage, network performance, signal strength, throughput, latency); and
- Location information, including precise geolocation information, such as your service address and the location of a device in which you have installed the App.
Our App does not collect personal information about your online activities over time or across third party websites or online services. Therefore, “do not track” signals transmitted from web browsers do not apply to our apps, and we do not alter any of our data collection and use practices upon receipt of such a signal.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
You may also visit http://www.aboutads.info/consumers/ to learn about interest-based advertising and how to opt-out from ads served by some or all participating companies.
Roku collects information separately, and the data they collect and its usage are outlined on their website: here
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes including, but not limited to:
- Provide the features and functions available in the App;
- Manage Charter’s everyday business needs, such as administration and improvement of the App;
- Analyze the App’s performance and functioning;
- Display content based on your location, including precise geolocation;
- Provide you with advertisements based on your interests and viewership;
- Measure the popularity and viewership as it relates to programming purchase decisions;
- Improve our marketing efforts;
- Prevent fraud, unauthorized access or misuse of our services; and
- Ensure our own compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
As long as there are no pending requests for it and we are not otherwise required to retain it, your information will not be retained beyond when it is needed for the purposes that it was collected.
Udu Digital does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13 through the App, and children under the age of 13 should always get permission from a parent or legal guardian before accessing the App and/or providing any information about themselves through the App. Children under the age of 13 should use the App under direct adult supervision.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
We may sometimes disclose your non-personally identifiable, anonymous, or aggregated data to third parties.
We may also disclose your information to third-party service providers who perform business activities and functions on our behalf to support our interactions with you such as customer service, system maintenance or supporting the features of this App. These third-party service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services on our behalf.
We do not disclose individualized usage data associated with how you interact with the App, such as viewership and features used, with third parties other than our affiliates or third-party service providers when the disclosure is necessary to render, or conduct a legitimate business activity related to, the service we provide to you.
Occasionally, we receive lawful requests requiring that we disclose your information to third parties, such as to law enforcement or in civil lawsuits. We fully cooperate with law enforcement in identifying anyone using this App for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report any activities we believe in good faith to be illegal or to disclose your information to enforce our rights.
We may also disclose your information to third parties, including law enforcement authorities, where we determine that doing so is appropriate to:
- Protect our property, services, and legal rights;
- Prevent physical harm to the persons or property of others;
- Prevent fraud against us and others;
- Support auditing compliance, and corporate governance functions; and
- Comply with all applicable laws.
Our location-based features are based on the location of your Roku account and the location, including the precise geolocation, of a device in which you have installed the App.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
Many Internet browsers and mobile devices allow you to block the transmission of information, such as your IP address or location information, or to block the installation of cookies. You may choose to enable these options. However, enabling these options may prevent you from using many of the core features and functions available on our App.
Advertisements (“ads”) may be displayed in this App. These ads may be seen by everyone using the App, may be based on the context of their placement or tailored based on your device information, the content you are viewing, and/or your viewing preferences.
Wile we do not collect specific personal information, we do take actions to protect and secure the data we do collect.We use administrative, technical, and physical controls to help secure information collected by this App.
Unfortunately, no data sent over the Internet or any network is guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, you acknowledge there are security and privacy limits of the Internet which are beyond our control; the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this App cannot be guaranteed; and any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with by a third party while in transit.